Saturday 17 October 2009

Curry and Ale in the Lincolnshire Wolds

See if you can guess from the picture where I was on Friday night.  Answers as comments please.

Went on the train from Lincoln, it was brand new, loads of leg room, spotlessly clean, quiet and smooth.  If only all trains were like this.

Arrived in my destination very early and so installed myself in the Red Lion which is a cracking pub.  Open coal fire, friendly staff, free haslet and chutney on the bar :-).  I had all five different real ales on offer, my favourite being the Tom Wood's Best Bitter.  At about 8:30 I met up with the missus and Mark & Lydia and the Gate of India.  Cracking food and service, I can't remember what I had which is probably something to do with the real ale followed by two pints of Lal Toofan.  Stayed over at M&L's for an all round great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment