Saturday 12 July 2008

Fish, chips and mushy (not garden) peas

Mark and Naomi came round for a chippy lunch today. It felt very decadent to be eating so much fat in the middle of the day!

We'd been meaning to invide M&N around for a while but, as they are in Cambridge and we're in Lincoln, it's not so simple. The weekend of Gareth and Helen's wedding was the perfect opportunity.

K was suffering from the night before so a takeaway lunch was decided upon. I was on my way back from Woodhall having been to collect the car when I got the call with the order. One fish, chips and peas; pie, chips and beans twice; and a chip butty. Fish Queen was duly visited and this feast was procured. I think it went down very well and I can heartily recommend a load of stodge as a hangover cure.

We had a good old chinwag after lunch and it was a very nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Chip, chip, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment