Monday 25 August 2008

Tony Blackburn's (not that one) 40th birthday party

Tony has reached the big 4-0 and it was his birthday barbecue bash yesterday. Considering Jo is due to drop any day it was quite an achievement to host so many people - I think they had lots of willing helpers, I did nothing!

K and I went down to Emma & Tariq's yesterday lunchtime. We were staying with them in Amersham. Tariq had created a fantastic album of the best of his photos from our wedding. That was a really thoughtful present. Eight months after the big day and we still haven't done an album for ourselves so we were delighted that someone else has taken the initiative.

We travelled over to J & T's at about 4pm and the party was already well under way. The garden was full of people and, luckily, the weather was being friendly. Tony found someone to look after the barbie, and we were all helping ourselves to drinks so the birthday boy could relax.

T had bought a crate of bitter and I think I was the only one drinking it. All the southern softies were on the lager. I did my best but couldn't get through it all! I was also getting gyp for my liking for pork and pastry based products. Every time I looked down, someone had but a sausage roll, pork pie or scotch egg in front of me - not that I'm complaining.

At midnight, we were still sat outside, eating, drinking, laughing and chatting. Great party. Happy birthday Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment