Sunday 3 July 2011

Don't worry Rory, I'm not a threat.. for now.

After a few years of social golf I decided I needed to make my competitive debut.  As I don't have a club handicap, competitions are limited but Gtour offer a series of competitions for golfers with GolfScoreTracker handicaps (like me).

I signed up for their event at Moor Allerton near Leeds.  It was a boiling hot day on the course was very, very hilly.  After five hours (!) of truly awful golf, I was absolutely knackered.

From first tee to last green, I played like someone who had never picked up a club before and managed a miserable 19 stableford points.  Miraculously, I didn't come last!  I think everyone below me must have walked off, got injured, or been kidnapped by aliens.

The Gtour guys were very professional and I'd recommend giving them a try if you're not a club member.  As for me, I've now joined at Misterton Golf Club so I'll soon have an official handicap and be able to enter open competitions a bit closer to home.  I can't possibly play this bad next time... can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment