Saturday 29 May 2010

Lincoln Beer Festival 2010

It was Lincoln Beer Festival this weekend and we went down to the Drill Hall on Friday night. K and I met up with Mark & Lydia, Pete & Ginny, Martin & Charlotte, Andy, Nick and Clint for some real ale and cider action.  Well most of us were up for the ale, some of the girls were resolutely sticking to the wine.

As usual there were more people trying to get in than the venue could cope with.  It's been like this for a few years now and I think they need to consider a bigger venue.  We were queueing for about an hour and it just puts customers in a bad mood.

Despite it being Friday night and the middle of the festival, there were still lots of beers that had run out.  That is also typical for Lincoln and a problem that doesn't really affect the other festivals I've been to.  I don't know why Lincoln don't get it quite right - it's a shame.  Cambridge and Newark are the same weekend and I think I might give Lincoln a miss in favour of one of those next year.

Anyway, those two moans aside, we had a really good night.  Of course it was good fun to spend time with our friends and it was a good atmosphere inside the hall.  As the weather was good there were lots of people sat outside which made the hall itself seem uncrowded.  My favourite was the Titanic Chocolate Vanilla Stout - I don't need to explain what it tasted of, silky smooth and gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment