Saturday 8 March 2008

Going to the Dogs

Last night we had an office outing to the dogs. A coach had been booked which picked us up from the office at about 6:30pm. An hour and a bit later we were dropped off at Nottingham Greyhound Stadium. Beth & Jon and Alison were all in the party, as well as Nick, James & Mikey and Rachel and Jules.

Racing was already underway by the time we got there but there were 14 races on the card and they'd only got up to race three so we hadn't missed much.

We'd got a good deal on group tickets. It was £10 each for entry, race card, pie and peas, a bottle of grog and three free combination bets. I was helping out those who were unfamiliar with how to bet. I don't know if this affected my own choices but I was a disaster. I don't think I picked one winner in the first ten races. My betting budget was shrinking at an alarming rate. Then on the last race I put everything I had left on number five to win - it came in! I won back everything I had lost plus about two quid - result!

The bus dropped us back at the office at about midnight and I wobbled home on me bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment